After leaving the glue beneath the clingfilm water for three days to dry it finally worked. I trimmed the excess clingfilm from around the base edge and edged it with blue ribbon. Using the same ribbon I made a little loop so you can hang the postcard or sit it on the side.
To make it look neat I added a flower over the ends. I gave the back and base a blue wash.
I used a couple of really small stones with some moss, the pva and shell mix for barnacles and some tiny bits of dried seaweed to create the rocks and added a starfish I made from clay then painted.
I think it's turned out great.
About me and my blog
I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.