I took a ceiling light and extracted the light fitting, bulb, wire and plug throwing the old plastic housing away.
From an old broken mobile I had a round wire frame with a wire cross through the centre. As soon as I saw it I knew what it was going to be turned into. I found a black flat bead and a circular black bead with large holes to fit the wire through. Gluing one to the other it created the top of the chandelier.
Threading beads onto fishing wire I attached them around the rim of the mobile piece to create the crystal droplets. To keep them in line I weaved a line of invisible thread through the top beads.
Once done I attached a piece of an old bracelet around the rim of the mobile piece to finish it off.
When the glue dried I split the wire of the light fitting so that it would hang properly within the shade. After passing the wires through the top of the frame I secured them together with tape, added a dab of glue then secured the bead top.
I think the overall affect is great and can't wait to add it to the ceiling of my dolls house and light it up.