Magical Miniatures

If you love all things magical and miniature you are in the right place.

About me and my blog

I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.

Thursday 27 March 2014

Dolls house interior started

Well I have already completed the kitchen floor using match sticks so I have used lolly pop sticks for the living room floor with a segment of match sticks through the middle. 
After laying them out and gluing them to a slot of card I sanded, stained and then varnished them.







For the down stairs ceiling lights I have cut into the floor of the house so that  the wires sit flat beneath the inlays, and at last I have the socket and adapter.




I have used scrap booking paper to decorate all the rooms and lolly pop sticks, stained for the window frames. The curtains are made from material and card.








As you can see there is still so much to do. Ill keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment